The aim of a business contract is to try to provide certainty for both parties.
In today’s complex and uncertain environment, our restructuring team successfully develop strategies to assist companies in transition to achieve the best future outcomes. Our advisers have the insight pre-empt the business challenges ahead and the agility to make immediate operational improvements as required. This is underpinned with a shared strategic vision common across the stakeholders of the business to create secure medium- and long-term models that enhance profit and value.
All of our restructuring advice is tailored to individual clients, with no ‘off-the-shelf’ solutions. Our team are experienced across a wide range of sectors and specialisms and can call on our panel of industry experts for specialist input in specific areas. Where needed, we can place independent executives directly into our clients’ businesses to support management in planning and executing a successful restructure.
Our experienced business advisers utilise a wide range of skills and an extensive tool kit to deliver solutions in two distinct phases: Diagnosis and Stabilisation
DIAGNOSIS AND STABILISATION
We are aware of the need to act quickly in stressed and special situations and can swiftly analyse and pinpoint the key business issues our clients should prioritise and focus on. This includes the development of robust cash flow forecasting processes and controls through our Cash Flow Management support. We assist management teams to map out key stakeholders and identify the core concerns and priorities for each, which drive future actions. We regularly assist management teams to manage their communications with stakeholders, to reset and manage expectations.
Once we have completed our diagnosis and have stabilised the position of the business, we quickly consider the merits of the options available, making recommendations to management teams, moving at pace to implement them.
These options may include one or more of the following:
- Balance Sheet Restructuring – Balance sheet restructuring, also known as financial restructuring, provides a platform for businesses to undertake operational turnarounds and mitigate distress within.
- Independent / Options Reviews – The reviews carried out by our team are robust, independent, and thorough. They clarify the true position of the business, making it possible to set out and evaluate the options that are available.
- Turnaround & Interim Support – Our turnaround and interim support team preserve and enhance value, optimise financial resource, and develop options for corporate recovery.
- Corporate Simplification – We work with businesses and their advisers on managed exits, helping to plan and implement the winding-down and closure plans of non-core or under-performing business entities as well as businesses that have simply served their economic purpose.
- Special Situations – Our special situations team combines the diverse skills of both Corporate Finance and Financial Advisory, providing bespoke and integrated M&A support across stressed, distressed, and insolvent transactions with the goal of improving performance and maximising value to stakeholders. The team is sector agnostic and clients are typically located throughout the UK.
If your business is underperforming and you need support to diagnose and address any issues, get in touch with a member of our experienced team, who will be able to act quickly to provide you with the assistance you need to overcome the challenges and help you maximise the performance of your business.